Church Wedding Ceremonies

Church Wedding Ceremonies offer a spiritual and religious affirmation of your vows. A religious wedding can take place at a church, chapel or other registered religious building. 

For Anglican weddings – simply contact your local church to arrange. Our local parish Church, St. Mary’s in High Easter, gives a very warm welcome to couples who want a church wedding close to Maidens Barn.

For more information please visit their website.

There are other churches in the surrounding areas of Braintree, Chelmsford and Colchester.

For more information about Church of England Wedding visit their website. 


Other religious wedding ceremonies:

You need to give notice with the register office at least 16 days before the ceremony.

Ministers and priests may be authorised to register marriages but if the official performing the wedding ceremony is not authorised, either a Registrar must attend the religious ceremony or you need to have separate religious and civil wedding ceremony.

Not For You?

Civil Wedding Ceremonies

Barn Wedding Ceremonies

Garden Wedding Ceremonies